Answers to Your Burning Questions:
- Why does this take 12 weeks? This could actually take longer, there is a LOT of information to cover. This is a process that takes time, patience and grace to unlearn a way of thinking and learn new concepts. At the end of our time together, I will encourage you to continue to practice what you've learned in order to create lasting and sustainable change.
- Is this a diet? This is the opposite of a diet; a diet is a set of rules around eating. This is breaking free from those dieting rules that you have learned over the years. We will discuss food and nutrition in neutral terms, taking the "good" and "bad" labels off of food to help you learn how to relax your rules around food, thus ending guilt and shame after eating.
- What if I still want to lose weight? Well, that's totally your choice - it's normal to feel that way! During this program, however, I will suggest that you shift your focus from a specific weight goal or number on the scale to a wider lens of who you want to be when this process is over (your identity).
We will then identify the health habits that you want to develop in order to achieve this identity (such as exercising on a regular basis, adding more greens, drinking more water, getting more sleep, etc.).
You will find that your body will adjust accordingly without having to focus only on the number on the
There are so many other ways to measure progress - we call them "Non-scale victories" - these include:
- How do your clothes feel?
- Have you gained more confidence and self-esteem?
- Do you have more energy?
- Are you sleeping better?
You might enjoy these benefits as well as the number on the scale changing!
- Will you recommend/endorse a specific way of eating? No, I'm not a dietician, so I won't tell you what to eat. We will talk about paying attention to how certain foods make you FEEL after eating them to help you make small adjustments to link certain foods with certain functions (such as energy or relaxation), or including foods for various occasions (such as birthday cake!).